Frequently Asked Questions

What Cities are you licensed in?

We are licensed throughout the Valley of the Sun and are equipped to handle projects in all of Arizona.

Do you have the additional licensing requirements for the Cities of Scottsdale and Mesa?

Yes, we have the L-16 Contractor’s License required by the City of Mesa Fire Department as well as the L-67 Plumbing License required by the City of Scottsdale to test the backflow unit on fire sprinklers. NOT all contractors have these licenses, sometimes forcing their customers to call a second company to fulfill these special requirements. Call us first, we can handle it all.

Once the work is completed, how quickly will I receive my report?

Our technicians can give you a copy of your report onsite or the report is usually available online within 24 hours. Both versions of the report are acceptable to share with fire and insurance officials.

I received a letter from the water department requiring backflow prevention. Can you help with that?

Yes, we can! Fax or email us your letter or work order, and we’ll get right to work on the paperwork and getting it queued to be tested. Our goal is always to test within 48 hours, but if you have an emergency, call us right away. We’ll be happy to talk to the officials on your behalf.

I own multiple properties in Arizona. Can you service them all?

Absolutely. Let us help you keep track of what’s due, when, and who needs to be kept in the loop. We have national, state, and local licenses to service all your fire protection needs.

I’m a new building owner and don’t understand all the fire protection requirements. Can you help?

Yes, we can. Contractor Fire Protection stays up-to-date on all local and national requirements for fire and backflow testing. We start by visiting your location to provide you with a quote so we can get your system up to code. Then, we survey your building to determine what fire safety systems are required by law and which work best for you including fire alarms, fire sprinklers, emergency lighting, backflow preventers, and more. We can also work directly with your employees to ensure your annual services are completed on time.

My building was just cited by the fire department. What’s the next step?

During the inspection, the fire official will usually do a quick visual inspection of your building and review reports recounting when the fire protection systems were last inspected. They will write up any discrepancies and provide a date to have them repaired by.

Our clients typically pass the inspection with flying colors. However, if you do not, fax or email us the write-up and we’ll get right on it.

What is a backflow?

A backflow is a valve on your water line that prevents any water coming into your building from going back out into the public water system. They are found most often on your domestic (drinking) water line, your irrigation line, and your fire sprinkler line. A building could have one or many. They are also commonly found in dental offices, on X-ray machines, and soda fountains.

Scroll to Top